Thursday, September 25, 2008

Abby came home early!

I have no idea how she did it team, but Kelly managed to convince the doc to let Abby come home....even though she was only at 35 cc's an hour. Remember, the goal was 50 cc's an hour! Even the nurse came in and said, "I have NO idea how you just pulled that off!" I love it. Leave it up to Kelly to get something like that done. Apparently Kelly listed all the reasons why they should go home, and she also listed why they should stay. But after each reason she brought up for staying, she quickly gave an answer as to how she would handle that at home. Hilarious. My wifeee, the Pediatric Doctor Negotiator.

Anywho, I'm beat so I'll keep this one short. Abby was at 35 cc's when we left today. She ate a good amount by mouth this afternoon and we put her to bed at 30 cc's. We figured, why push it? Good thing too, because even at 30 cc's she woke up and was very uncomfortable so we vented her (opened up her G Tube so any excess air would come out of her tummy and ease that bloated feeling). Even though we're home, we're still a bit nervous over here. The next couple of months will really be interesting. If all goes well, we will be able to start giving her a "normal" amount of formula. I just can't imagine setting Abby's G Tube pump to a "normal" rate each night. In fact, I have no idea how much volume would be considered normal because I've never had to deal with that. But it's possible and I'm very much looking forward to that and of course to watching our little Abbers get chunky.

Good night friends.

Pops

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie