Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Slow Recovery

Hello From Abby Town,

So where did I leave off? Oh yeah, I promised pics and didn't post them. This is quite the norm for me isn't it? Well, at least you know who you're dealing with here. Just know that I have the best of intentions. Honest! But I get home and I have priorities. I have Abby first and when she gets to bed I have a ton of things to catch up on. For example, I have to be sure to stay up on American Idol. I'm a HUGE Senjaya fan and I was super bummed he got voted off. I think he's just great. I hope he comes out with an album soon. I will be the first in line to buy it. I'm growing my hair out so I can put it in that pony tail mohawk thing he did.

Anyway, enough banter. Down to the goods. Abby has actually been having a rough time. She was vomiting after almost every feed these past few days. This caused major concern because vomiting and irritability are two of the major signs the shunt isn't working. The relief was that she wasn't too irritable. In fact, for the most part, after she threw up, she was all smiles again. We also noticed that when we fed her with the pump at night, we did so very slowly and she was able to tolerate it. Today we decided to scale back on the amount of food we've been giving her and took it slow and steady. And it worked! Hallelujah. She can't afford to be throwing up so often. Abby is under 13 lbs again and we really need her to start gaining weight.
Abby was extremely fussy and high maintenance today and insisted on being held the ENTIRE day. I have no idea what we're going to do when Eddie is here and she's like that. It will be interesting for sure. I can see all the smiles on all the faces of those with 2 or more kids. I can actually hear you all say, "you have NO idea..." Yep. Got it. But toss in the whole G Tube feeding thing too. See, after we feed Abby, we can't just let her roll around on the floor with her toys. We've tried that. She puts pressure on her G Tube which for one thing, makes it red and sore and secondly, it upsets her stomach and guess what happens? That's right. El Vomito everywhere. No to mention all the therapy appointments Abby has to go to during the week. So... we REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE'RE IN FOR. Oh well. That's part of the adventure I suppose!

Enough rambling...

On to the show:

Here is Abby and Mommy at 5:45 AM. Mommy asked for a pink smock but to no avail.



Abby was out for a while after surgery.



Here we are after the surgery. Abby is still very groggy. The mask is giving her oxygen.



And here it is. Thank goodness her hair will cover these eventually. But for now... what ARE we going to do with this hairdo?



Mommy took matters into her own hands and gave Abby a hair cut.



Here is the finished product. Much better!



Abby and mommy taking a nap.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie