Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wed News

Written Tuesday Night August 1, 2006
It’s been a long day Abby fans, so let me make this short 'n sweet.

Abby is still doing well in every aspect except her feeding. As I’ve mentioned before, she’s getting it down, it’s just taking a while. So, we are moving forward with the G Tube. Abby was seen by the GI doc (the doc that will put the G Tube in) and her nurses are calling to get the surgery appointment scheduled. We’re told that Abby will be able to come home around 7 days after the surgery. Maybe you didn’t hear that, so I’ll say it again…ABBY WILL BE ABLE TO COME HOME!!!!!

In other news, Abby’s eye doc is coming by on Thursday to give her another update. Gggrrrreeaaaaatt…. I know she needs it, but man she hates those exams. The doc puts this prong deal in her eye to keep it open and it really hurts her. I am curious to know about the ROP (the abnormal growth of blood vessels that can damage the eye and even cause blindness if not treated). I want to be sure the laser surgery stopped the ROP from getting worse.
Tomorrow we find out when the surgery will be so stay tuned for that one.

I can’t wait to get Abby home. It’s actually becoming a reality now. I am having day dreams of the Abbypoluza Tour 2007 I plan to take her on next spring.

There are a few hurdles ahead yet, so don’t slack off on the prayers people. We need them now more than ever. We’re on the home stretch, the last lap, the back nine, inside the 5 yard line!

All our love and Abby’s too.

The Gaya Family (That’s the first time I wrote that…I like it!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOO - What sweet words, finaly she is coming home!! I can't wait until I see her face to face. We will keep praying for her to bulk up & for her little eye balls to heal. Much love.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie