Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Today's update from Abby

Hi everyone!

It's Abby. I had a great day today. At 6AM I moved to the small breathing machine! I'ts called the nasal canola or cannula I think. This is just a small hose around my face and the prong thingies don't get stuffed up my nose like before. It's sooooo much better than that other thing. Mommy and daddy said I had to be good so the nurses don't give me the other machine again. And guess what? I've been GREAT! Just a few spells where I forgot to breath. But hey, I'm a preemie....what do you expect? Jeeez! Also, I'm pretty hungry these days. I get 5 cc's of mommy's milk every three hours! Let's see....what else? Oh yeah, I think I'm kicking these stinkin' fungus and bacteria infections. Mommy said something about the cultures still being negative today. I have no idea what that means but she was pretty happy about it so I guess it must be good. I pooped today! A bunch!!! Daddy was proud.

Tomorrow something is happening with my head. I heard daddy talking about it. I think they're going to poke it again. I'm actually excited about this because every time they do this, I feel better. I don't feel the poke at all either, so don't worry about that.

I really hope I have the energy to stay on the nasal camel or cannula or whatever its called. I sure don't want to go back on that other huge machine. Can you say a prayer for me that I will be strong?

Thank you everybody for all your love. It really means a lot. I can feel it! Please pray for my mommy and daddy too. I know they love me but I also know they miss my sisters. I do too; but that's okay because after we all have fun down here, we all get to play later in heaven.

I love you!!!

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie